Trinity International University traces its roots to 1897 when the Swedish Evangelical Free Church began a ten-week Bible course in the basement of a Chicago church. From those humble origins, the school grew significantly in the early 20th century. Then, during the 1960s, the seminary moved to its present Deerfield campus (just north of Chicago). In 1995, Trinity College (located on the same campus), Trinity College at Miami, Trinity Law School in Santa Ana, Calif., and Trinity Evangelical Divinity School were united to form Trinity International University . TEDS also offers degrees through the University's south Chicago regional center as well as extension sites around the .